General Class Information:
Very small class sizes! Choose to take a private class just for you or a semi-private class on the online calendar for only 2 people per class. Small groups allow for a more personal, enjoyable experience, in which you can feel comfortable to ask all of your questions and then go home ready to try out your new skill!
Available every day of the week! Set up a private class any day of the week at a time that works best for you or book a slot in an available class on the online calendar.
100% hands-on! Make the products yourself; you won't watch, you'll do.
Customize your products! I supply the ingredients & you choose the rest.
Bring nothing! Everything is provided in the class, as well as snacks & tea, with NO extra materials fee.
It's all in the details! Take home a thorough, detailed instructional handout with recipes, ingredients, materials list & suppliers.
Go home with a starter kit! If you'd like to continue your new hobby at home right away, I offer all of the ingredients at just a little over my cost, and I buy everything in bulk and can offer very cheap prices to help get you started. Sometimes it's tough to wait for your ingredients to arrive in the mail!
Beeswax Candle Making Class (1 hour & 45 minutes)
This hands-on class is for those who want to learn how to make candles using the most natural & safest wax. Beeswax is highly prized as a long-lasting, clean-burning wax. It is 100% natural, produced by bees and requires next-to-no processing, making it much safer than chemical-ridden paraffin (the most common wax used in candles) and genetically-modified soy (which is not as good of a wax as you might think). No fragrance or color are added in the class, and we will discuss why I choose to not add these, but we can talk about how you could do it at home.
In this class, you will:
- Make 2-3 candles (about 8 oz.) with natural, yellow &/or white beeswax in the silicone molds (e.g. flower, heart; pillar, stand-alone candles) &/or decorative containers of your choice (e.g. glass, ceramic); washi tape can be added to containers as a decoration
- Learn how to make pillar, stand-alone candles vs. container candles
- Learn how to choose the correct wick size, using a wick-sizing chart, and how to prime the wicks
- Learn how to reuse the molds/containers, after burning your candles at home (nothing gets wasted!)
- Learn the benefits of using beeswax instead of other waxes (e.g. paraffin, soy)
- Learn why I don’t add fragrances & color and what is a much safer & cheaper alternative for scenting your home
- Learn how bees make beeswax, why color can vary, interesting beeswax history & information
- Go home with not only your candles, but also a thorough, detailed instructional handout, including the information mentioned above, along with a wick-sizing chart, step-by-step instructions, a list of materials/equipment & online suppliers, and decorating ideas
Find out how amazing bees & their beeswax are! Everything is provided in the class, as well as some snacks & tea.
Class Cost & Discounts:
Private Class: $90; contact Lindsay to set up your class at a time that works for you
- For a class by yourself
- If there are 2 or more in your party (pay the semi-private price)
- If you want to make 3 or more products in 1 class (get a discount too)
Semi-private Class on the Online Calendar: $55/person (2 people per class)
- For those who want to book a class on the online calendar and pay online
- Lip balm (+$20; adds about 30 minutes)
- Lotion (+$40; adds about 1 hr)
Fragrances are no longer offered in classes because continual exposure causes the teacher allergies, but you are free to bring your own fragrances from home to class to add to your products.