Beeswax Candle Making Class (2 hours)
This hands-on class is for those who want to learn how to make candles using the most natural & safest wax. Beeswax is highly prized as a long-lasting, clean-burning wax. It is 100% natural, produced by bees and requires next-to-no processing, making it much safer than chemical-ridden paraffin (the most common wax used in candles) and genetically-modified soy (which is not as good of a wax as you might think). No fragrance or color are added in the class, and we will discuss why I choose to not add these, but we can talk about how you could do it at home.
In this class, you will:
- Make 3 candles (about 8-10 oz.) with natural, yellow &/or white beeswax in the silicone molds (e.g. flower, heart; pillar, stand-alone candles) &/or decorative containers of your choice (e.g. glass, ceramic); washi tape can be added to containers as a decoration
- Learn how to make pillar, stand-alone candles vs. container candles
- Learn how to choose the correct wick size, using a wick-sizing chart, and how to prime the wicks
- Learn how to reuse the molds/containers, after burning your candles at home (nothing gets wasted!)
- Learn the benefits of using beeswax instead of other waxes (e.g. paraffin, soy)
- Learn why I don’t add fragrances & color and what is a much safer & cheaper alternative for scenting your home
- Learn how bees make beeswax, why color can vary, interesting beeswax history & information
- Go home with not only your candles, but also a thorough, detailed instructional handout, including the information mentioned above, along with a wick-sizing chart, step-by-step instructions, a list of materials/equipment & online suppliers, and decorating ideas (All handouts are emailed as PDFs after the class)
Find out how amazing bees & their beeswax are! Everything is provided in the class, as well as some snacks & tea.
Class Cost & Discounts:
3-Person Class on the Online Calendar: $50/person (up to 3 people per class)
- For those who want to book a slot in a class on the online calendar & pay online
Can be selected when booking & then paid for separately in the class.
Discounts are available for 2 or more add-ons.
Lip balm/lipstick - $20/person
Face mask/cleansing grains - $25/person
Face/body scrub - $25/person
Facial serum - $30/person
Face/body lotion or body butter - $45/person
Private Class: $100; contact Lindsay to set up your class at a time that works for you
- For a class by yourself
- If there are 2 or more in your party (get a discount too)
- If you want to make 3 or more products in 1 class (get a discount too)
General Class Information:
Very small class sizes! Classes are for up to 3 per class (contact Lindsay if there are more than 3 in your party). You can feel comfortable to ask all of your questions and then go home ready to try out your new skill!
Available every day of the week! Book a class on the online calendar or contact Lindsay to set up your class.
100% hands-on! Make the products yourself; you won't watch, you'll do.
Customize your products! I supply the recipes & ingredients, and you choose which work best for you.
Bring nothing! Everything is provided in the class (except fragrances), as well as snacks & tea.
It's all in the details! Take home a thorough, detailed instructional handout with recipes, ingredients, materials list, suppliers & more.
Go home with a starter kit! If you'd like to continue your new hobby right away, I offer all of the ingredients for sale, and I buy everything in bulk and can offer very cheap prices to help get you started. Sometimes it's tough to wait for your ingredients to arrive in the mail!