Lip Balm/Lipstick Making Class
(1 hour; can be added on to any other class)
Learn how to make your own lip balm & lipstick in this hands-on class! This class is for those who want to learn how to make & customize their own products and stop buying commercial, store-bought ones that are laden with harmful additives, including unnecessary chemicals, preservatives, petroleum by-products, etc.
Make your own creamy lip products with a tried-and-true recipe using 100% natural ingredients, including beeswax and other moisturizing oils & butters (some have natural SPF or sun protection).
We'll cover the following:
- The materials & ingredients needed and where to get them (I provide a suppliers' list as part of the class handout)
- How to adjust the recipe, if desired, based on your personal preferences (e.g. the texture or consistency)
- How to choose & work with preservatives, which are provided in the class
- How to choose & work with colorants to create a lipstick (lip-safe mica powders, which are provided in the class)
- How to safely work with essential oils* & avoid phototoxicity, which occurs when UV rays interact with a substance you've applied on your skin, resulting in a bad sunburn, blistering, premature aging and can increase the risk of skin cancer
Then you'll make the only lip products you'll ever want to use again! ...and with no harmful ingredients. You'll go home with 5 tubes and a thorough, detailed instructional handout, including the ingredients needed/recipe and a list of materials/equipment & online suppliers. All handouts are emailed as PDFs after the class.
* Important Note: Everything is provided in the class, as well as some snacks & tea. However, fragrances are no longer offered because continual exposure causes the teacher allergies, but feel free to bring your own fragrances to class to add to your products. They will be discussed in class.
Class Cost & Discounts:
3-Person Class on the Online Calendar: $30/person (up to 3 people per class)
- For those who want to book a slot in a class on the online calendar & pay online
Can be selected when booking & then paid for separately in the class.
Discounts are available for 2 or more add-ons.
Face mask/cleansing grains - $30/person
Face/body scrub - $30/person
Facial serum - $30/person
Face/body lotion or body butter - $45/person
Beeswax candles - $45/person
Private Class: $50; contact Lindsay to set up your class at a time that works for you
- For a class by yourself
- If there are 2 or more in your party (get a discount too)
- If you want to make 3 or more products in 1 class (get a discount too)
General Class Information:
Very small class sizes! Classes are for up to 3 per class (contact Lindsay if there are more than 3 in your party). You can feel comfortable to ask all of your questions and then go home ready to try out your new skill!
Available every day of the week! Book a class on the online calendar or contact Lindsay to set up your class.
100% hands-on! Make the products yourself; you won't watch, you'll do.
Customize your products! I supply the recipes & ingredients, and you choose which work best for you.
Bring nothing! Everything is provided in the class (except fragrances), as well as snacks & tea.
It's all in the details! Take home a thorough, detailed instructional handout with recipes, ingredients, materials list, suppliers & more.
Go home with a starter kit! If you'd like to continue your new hobby right away, I offer all of the ingredients for sale, and I buy everything in bulk and can offer very cheap prices to help get you started. Sometimes it's tough to wait for your ingredients to arrive in the mail!