General Class Information:
Very small class sizes! Choose to take a private class just for you or a small group or book a slot in a 3-person class on the online calendar (contact Lindsay if there are more than 3 in your party). Small groups allow for a more personal, enjoyable experience, in which you can feel comfortable to ask all of your questions and then go home ready to try out your new skill!
Available every day of the week! Set up a private class any day of the week at a time that works best for you or book a slot in an available class on the online calendar.
100% hands-on! Make the products yourself; you won't watch, you'll do.
Customize your products! I supply the ingredients & you choose the rest.
Bring nothing! Everything is provided in the class, as well as snacks & tea, with NO extra materials fee.
It's all in the details! Take home a thorough, detailed instructional handout with recipes, ingredients, materials list & suppliers.
Go home with a starter kit! If you'd like to continue your new hobby at home right away, I offer all of the ingredients at just a little over my cost, and I buy everything in bulk and can offer very cheap prices to help get you started. Sometimes it's tough to wait for your ingredients to arrive in the mail!
Natural Lotion Making Class (2 hours)
This hands-on class is for those who want to learn how to make & customize their own lotion and stop buying store-bought, manufactured lotions that are laden with chemicals, toxins and alcohol. Natural lotion is made with natural oils, butters & other skin-nourishing ingredients like aloe vera; there are no chemicals and nothing that will dry out your skin, so you only need to use a small amount to fully moisturize your skin. You will notice that your skin will become softer & more moisturized over time by switching to natural lotion.
We'll cover the following:
- The differences between manufactured lotions & natural, homemade ones, including why certain chemicals are added to manufactured lotions & how they are harmful
- The different types of natural lotions and their pros & cons, including how to work with preservatives and make a sunscreen or bug-repellent lotion
- The materials needed & where to get them, as well as the lotion recipe and how to adjust it based on your personal preferences
- Making & customizing your lotion (what I call water-based lotion) with the ingredients that work best for your skin type (a variety of ingredients are provided like jojoba oil for sensitive skin, rose water for inflamed skin, shea butter for dry/damaged skin, coconut oil for eczema, etc.; add your own fragrance from home*)
In this class, an informational, ingredient chart is provided so that you can choose the ingredients & customize your lotion based on your skin-care needs.
You'll go home with 8 fl oz of lotion, the ingredient chart and a thorough, detailed instructional handout, including all of the information that we'll cover & a list of online suppliers.
* Important Note: Fragrances are no longer offered in classes because continual exposure causes the teacher allergies, but you are free to bring your own fragrances from home to class to add to your products. They will be discussed in class.
Class Cost & Discounts:
Private Class: $90; contact Lindsay to set up your class at a time that works for you
- For a class by yourself
- If there are 2 or more in your party (pay the semi-private price)
- If you want to make 3 or more products in 1 class (get a discount too)
3-Person Class on the Online Calendar: $55/person (up to 3 people per class)
- For those who want to book a slot in a class on the online calendar and pay online
- Lip balm (+$20; adds about 30 minutes)
- Face/Body Scrub (+$25; adds about 30 minutes)
Fragrances are no longer offered in classes because continual exposure causes the teacher allergies, but you are free to bring your own fragrances from home to class to add to your products. They will be discussed in class.