General Class Information:
Very small class sizes! Choose to take a private class just for you or a semi-private class on the online calendar for only 2-3 people per class. Small groups allow for a more personal, enjoyable experience, in which you can feel comfortable to ask all of your questions and then go home ready to try out your new skill!
Available every day of the week! Set up a private class any day of the week at a time that works best for you or book a slot in an available class on the online calendar.
100% hands-on! Make the products yourself; you won't watch, you'll do.
Customize your products! I supply the recipe & ingredients, and you choose which work best for you.
Bring nothing! Everything is provided in the class with NO extra materials fee.
It's all in the details! Take home a thorough, detailed instructional handout with recipes, ingredients, materials list & suppliers.
Natural Lotion Making Class (1 hour & 45 minutes; can be added on to other classes as well for $30)
This hands-on class is for those who want to learn how to make & customize their own lotion and stop buying store-bought, manufactured lotions that are laden with chemicals, toxins and alcohol. Natural lotion is made with natural oils, butters & other skin-nourishing ingredients like aloe vera; there are no chemicals and nothing that will dry out your skin, so you only need to use a small amount to fully moisturize your skin. You will notice that your skin will become softer & more moisturized over time by switching to natural lotion.
We'll cover the following:
- The differences between manufactured lotions & natural, homemade ones, including why certain chemicals are added to manufactured lotions & how they are harmful
- How to use an online, ingredient checker at ewg.org; this website allows you to check the potential toxicity of ingredients (natural & synthetic) found in personal-care products
- The different types of natural lotions and their pros & cons, including how to work with preservatives and make a sunscreen or bug-repellent lotion
- The materials needed & where to get them, as well as the lotion recipe and how to adjust it based on your personal preferences
- Making & customizing your lotion (what I call water-based lotion) with the ingredients that work best for your skin type (e.g. jojoba oil for sensitive skin, coconut milk for dry/damaged skin, lavender essential oil for acne-prone skin)
In this class, an informational, ingredient chart is provided so that you can choose the ingredients & customize your lotion based on your skin-care needs.
You'll go home with 8 fl oz of lotion, the ingredient chart and a thorough, detailed instructional handout, including all of the information that we'll cover & a list of online suppliers.
Everything is provided in the class, as well as some snacks & tea.
Face/body wash (+$25), bath bombs (+$20) & lip balm (+$15) can be added on to any class; each adds about 30-60 minutes, depending on the product. Each product can be customized with the ingredients of your choice, based on your fragrance preference &/or skin-care needs.
Class Cost & Discounts:
Private Class: $70; contact Lindsay to set up your class at a time that works for you
- For a class by yourself
- If you want to make 3 or more products in 1 class (you can receive a discount as well)
- If there are 2 or more in your party (you can receive a discount as well)
Semi-private Class on the Online Calendar: $45/person (2 people per class)
- For those who want to book a class on the online calendar and pay online
Face/body wash add-on: $25/person (make 4 fl oz)
Bath bomb add-on: $20/person (make 6 bath bombs)
Lip balm add-on: $15/person (make 5 tubes)